With his extensive knowledge in pharmacology and chemistry Dr Bliss can bring to your case advanced knowledge of:
- How drugs act
- How the body responds to drugs
- How drugs are transported in the body
- How drugs are eliminated from the body
- Doping in sport
- Club drugs
- Social drugs
- ‘Designer drugs’
- Effects of adverse drug reactions
- Drug interactions
- Identification of hazardous substances
Dr Bliss works with legal teams to provide:
- advice to Counsel at pre-litigation stage
- advice to Counsel at pre-trial stage
- expert reports for submission to court
- attendance at court to provide oral evidence as an expert witness
Dr Bliss has presented expert evidence, or advised Counsel both in and out of Court, on a range of issues, including:
- The absorption, distribution, metabolism and excretion of drugs.
- Drug prescribing.
- Prescribed drugs: medicines.
- Side effects of drugs.
- Interactions of drugs with alcohol.
- Interactions between drugs (drug-drug interactions).
- Homicide cases involving drugs.
- Investigating the presence of performance enhancing substances in athletes’ body fluids.
- Effect of alcohol on performance enhancing substances in athletes.
- Effect of drugs on behaviour.
- Criminal drug factories.
- Investigation of possible medical negligence.
- Effects of inadvertent ingestion of psychoactive drugs.
- Investigation of allegation of drug-facilitated date rape.
- Herbs, herbals and ‘legal highs’.
- Prescribing errors. Allegations of medical negligence.
- Pharmacy dispensing errors. Alleged negligence.
Dr Bliss is available to research, prepare expert witness reports, and attend court to give expert testimony throughout the UK.
Expert Witness services include:
- Medical expert witness
- Drugs expert witness
- Doping expert witness
- Pharmacology expert witness
- Pharmacy expert witness
- Chemistry expert witness